Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
A Conversation about Environmental Protection and Human Rights
A J.B. and Maurice Shapiro Conference
Tuesday, March 27, 2012 Noon–3 pm
Faculty Conference Center, Burns 505.
Co-sponsored by the Environmental Law Institute, Center for International Environmental Law, GW Journal of Energy and Environmental Law, GW Environmental Law Association.
Presented as part of The George Washington University’s “Moving the Planet Forward: Turning Innovation into Action” Program.
Please RSVP to Jbowmar@law.gwu.edu by March 23
Perspectives on Environmental Protection and Human Rights
- Dinah Shelton, Manatt/Ahn Professor of Law, The George Washington University Law School.
- Don Anton, Associate Professor, Australian National University. Co-Authors Environmental Protection and Human Rights (Cambridge University Press 2011).
A Conversation About Environmental Protection and Human Rights
Moderator: Elizabeth Burleson, Associate Professor, Pace University School of Law.
- Thoko Kaime, Lecturer in Law and Deputy Director, Environmental and Regulatory Research Group, The University of Surrey.
- Kristen Walker, Vice President, Social Policy and Practice, Conservation International.
- Marcus Orellana, Director, Human Rights and the Environment Program, Center for International Environmental Law.
- Vanessa Retana, Senior Program Officer, Rights and Livelihoods Program, World Wildlife Fund.