DEADLINE: Travel Fellowships for The Ocean in a High-CO2 World
When: September 24-27, 2012
Where: Monterey, California
Application Deadline: May 1, 2012
The Third International Symposium on the Ocean in a High CO2 World (OHCO2W) takes place September 24‐27, 2012. Scientists, experts, decision‐makers, and ocean advocates from around the world will gather to discuss the latest research in ocean acidification. More information. New findings on a wide range of issues will be presented, with a particular emphasis on:
- Impacts on marine organisms, ecosystems, and biogeochemical cycles
- Socioeconomic consequences
- Policy and management implications
We welcome applications from professional journalists, editors, science writers, and freelancers from print, broadcast and online outlets. Our goal is to support coverage of ocean acidification in a broad range of outlets.
Send an email to COMPASS Assistant Director of Science Outreach, Liz Neeley (LizNeeley@COMPASSonline.org) with:
1. Cover letter including why you would like to attend OHCO2W, which stories/issues you hope to pursue, and an overview of your outlet(s) and audience(s).
2. Your résumé or CV.
3. Three published clips or samples of your work (URLs or PDFs as appropriate).
4. Complete contact information, including email, phone number, blog and websites URLs, Twitter username, and mailing address.
COMPASS has hosted journalist fellowships to support reporters covering the 2001 and 2008 International Coral Reef Symposia and the 2009 and 2011 International Marine Conservation Congresses. For OHCO2W, we will offer ten or more fellowships to cover travel and accommodation costs. Individual award amounts will be based on point of origin, need, and the availability other sources of support.
|Date:||May 1, 2012 to May 1, 2012|
|Location:||Monterey, CA |