Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
TSCA Reform Webinar Series: Hazard, Use, and Exposure Data
Several key issues have emerged as pivotal in ongoing efforts to reform the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA). Progress on these complex issues is central to the success of TSCA reform. To foster further discussion of these critical topics, ELI is convening a series of issue-specific lunchtime teleconferences during the summer and fall of 2011 that will provide a forum for focused dialogue among key players.
Session #3 - Hazard, Use, and Exposure Data
This panel will explore reform of TSCA requirements and procedures for developing and reporting data on chemical hazards, use, and exposure. Topics will include: scope of EPA authority to require information and data, including on new chemicals such as nanomaterials; testing, including mutual acceptance of data and emerging methodologies; and the role of downstream users of chemicals.
- Linda Breggin, Senior Attorney and Director, Nanotechnology Program, Environmental Law Institute (moderator)
- Connie Deford, Director, U.S. Chemicals Management Policy, The Dow Chemical Company
- Mary Marrero, North American Regulatory & Technical Relations Manager, Procter & Gamble
- Daniel Rosenberg, Senior Attorney, Natural Resources Defense Council
Additional sessions will be scheduled (check the ELI calendar regularly for updates):
- Session #4: Chemical Prioritization.
- Session #5: Information Confidentiality (CBI), Availability and Sharing.
- Session #6: Risk Management.
To reserve, email email@example.com by Friday, September 16. This webinar is open to the public but you must rsvp and include the caller's name and email address. Teleconference/webinar information will be emailed one business day prior to the event.