Join or Renew SEJ Membership
Join the SEJ family. Get the support you deserve.
Membership in SEJ is open to working journalists, students and faculty, providing a plethora of benefits. See the information below for applicants within North America (US, Canada and Mexico) and outside North America. NOTE: SEJ can accept US dollars only.
Join SEJ today to strengthen the quality, reach and viability of journalism across all media to advance public understanding of environmental issues.
- ACTIVE membership in SEJ is open to journalists working for print, broadcast, or online new organizations. Read details here.
- ACADEMIC memberships are available for full-time faculty and students at accredited schools. Read details here.
- ASSOCIATE memberships are available to people substantially involved in journalism who are ineligible for active membership. Read details here.
SEJ bylaws preclude from membership persons who engage in lobbying or public relations work relating to environmental issues and preclude from active category of membership persons whose employer engages in lobbying or public relations work relating to environmental issues.
Need an application to be mailed or faxed? Contact the SEJ office.
Once you've determined whether you're eligible, take a few minutes now to apply for either a North American or International membership with SEJ. If you're not sure, fill out the application and SEJ's membership screening committee will determine your eligibility and category of membership.
FIRST-YEAR RATES FOR NEW MEMBERS:
North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico)
1. U.S. & Canada Active, Associate or Academic Faculty memberships: $40 (Renewal: $70US)
2. Any full-time Academic Students: $25 (Renewal: $40US)
3. Mexico Active, Associate or Academic Faculty memberships: $15 (Renewal: $35US)
Outside North America (two rates)
1. Postal membership: $25 (Renewal: $55)
2. Electronic membership: $15 (Renewal: $20)