How to Submit an Event to the Calendar
1. Before you can submit an event to be considered for inclusion in SEJ's Environmental Events Calendar, you must be either a member or a registered user of the site.
- Members should log in using their regular SEJ login information. If you don't know your login or password, go here.
- Members of the general public can become registered users of the SEJ site by following the directions here.
2. The Calendar event submittal form is at http://www.sej.org/node/add/event . You can click on that address or paste it into your browser. Another way to get there is to go to the Calendar page from the main menu or the front page. Once there, you will find a box in the right-hand sidebar headed "Post a Headline or Event." Click on "Submit an Event." You will also see this box in the right sidebar from your personal account page.
3. Certain fields in the Calendar event submittal form (such as "Title") are mandatory. These are marked with a red asterisk; if you omit them, the site will remind you.
4. Here are some instructions for the individual fields in the form.
- "Article Date" — the date you are filling out/submitting the form
- "Event Date" — enter the starting and ending dates of the event
- "Categories" — choose applicable topics on the beat, geographical region and event type
- "Visibility" — choose "public"
- "Teaser" — please include a summary of the event in less than 35 words
- "Event details" — fill out all applicable fields, including an external link URL/web address
- "Description" — three or four paragraphs about the event
- "Thumbnail Image" — optional; upload a small image that will show on the Calendar listing page, along with the teaser summary
- "Main Image" — optional; upload a larger image that will display on the event page
5. After you have filled out the form, go to the very bottom and click on the button that says "Submit."
6. You will not see the event appear online in the Calendar after you click "Submit." It will not be published until/unless an editor approves it.