Green Economy 2010 Blog
BusinessJournalism.org provides multimedia coverage of its June 28-30, 2010, "Covering the Green Economy" seminar, presented by the Donald W. Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism and funded by the McCormick Foundation.
- Investigative environmental journalist Jeff Goodell, author of How to Cool the Planet: Geoengineering and the Audacious Quest to Fix Earth's Climate and Big Coal: The Dirty Secret Behind America's Energy Future, contributing editor for Rolling Stone and frequent writer for The New York Times Magazine, on energy and covering the coal industry.
- Angel Gonzalez, Houston bureau chief for Dow Jones Newswires, on the future of big oil after the spill.
- Pulitzer winner Gary Cohn on taking your environmental story global.
- Bryn Nelson, a freelance writer and editor, and former award-winning reporter for Newsday, on blue jeans, brown roofs and other emerging trends in green buildings.
- Susanne Rust, environmental investigative reporter for the Center for Investigative Reporting's California Watch and former Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reporter, on investigating BPA and other chemical stories.
- Auto writer Jim Motavalli on separating hype from reality about green cars.
- Craig Pittman of the St. Petersburg Times and author of two books, Paving Paradise and Manatee Insanity teaches how to create a books from a story you're already working on.
Watch BusinessJournalism.org for free, follow-up Webinars on the green economy: Nov. 16, 2010, and April 19, 2011.