The 2013 AAAS Annual Meeting, with the theme “The Beauty and Benefits of Science,” will be held in Boston, MA, 14-18 February.
The meeting will highlight the "unreasonable effectiveness" of the scientific enterprise in creating economic growth, solving societal problems, and satisfying the essential human drive to understand the world in which we live.
Career science communicators with the appropriate credentials are eligible for complimentary registration. For more information on the meeting, go to www.aaas.org/meetings . To register online for the Newsroom, go to www.eurekalert.org/aaasnewsroom  (choose “association” on the form where it asks for your affiliation, then you can check SEJ on the pull-down list of associations).
Some of the many topics that might catch your eye include:
- More Than Pretty Pictures: How the Process of Making Science Images and Graphics Clarifies Understanding
- Ice Sheets, Sea Level, and Other Surprises: Benefits of Understanding Some Beautiful Places
- Communicating Science
- Global Fisheries and Food Supply
- Atmospheric, Hydrospheric, and Oceanic Sciences
- Communication and Public Programs
- Environment and Ecology
- Global Perspectives and Issues
- Sustainability and Resource Management
- And lots more...