Trout Unlimited will hold a summit on renewable energy the week of May 27 in Saratoga, Wyoming, the future site of North America’s largest wind project. This summit will focus largely on the expansion of renewable energy to public lands across the West, and how that will impact the heritage the West has long been known for. It will feature candid conversations with local sportsmen, as well as presentations by fish and wildlife experts. Topics include:
- Expansion of renewable energy to public lands
- Building projects on public lands – what it means for state and local governments, federal land management agencies, sportsmen and outdoor recreationists
- The need to balance the impacts of development with the conservation of fish and wildlife habitat, water resources, and public access
- Policies governing renewable energy development, and current policy improvement efforts
In addition, summit participants will have the opportunity to get on the ground and view renewable energy projects in the area, and experience the area’s natural resources via fishing on the North Platte River and hiking in the nearby Routt National Forest (weather permitting).
Eligibility and Terms: Trout Unlimited is accepting applicants currently working in print, broadcast, radio and online media. Participants are expected to produce an analytical article or feature story for their publication. Trout Unlimited will cover the cost of airfare, lodging and meals.
How to apply: Please send the following information by email to Shauna Sherard:
- Name of your current employer, and your position title
- Brief description of why you are interested in participating in the media summit (1,000 words or less)
- (2) professional writing samples
The application deadline is Friday, March 15, 2013. Final participant selection will be made by Monday April 1, 2013.