Even before the Nov. 4, 2008, presidential election happens, various groups are beginning to draft or post ambitious environment-related agendas for the next administration to follow... should it wish to. The agendas do not depend on who wins the White House. Below are just a few already out; more will follow the election.
- "An Environmental Agenda for the Next Administration,"  Environmental Law & Policy Program, University of Michigan Law School, Conference held Sept. 25-26, 2008.
- "Wildlife Conservation Agenda for the Next Administration,"  Defenders of Wildlife.
- "Building a Foundation for Success,"  Clean Air-Cool Planet.
- "Boxer Wants EPA's Status Upgraded,"  Politico, October 28, 2008, by Erika Lovley.
- "Global Environmental Change: Research Pathways for the Next Decade,"  National Research Council.
- "Greenprint for a New Administration,"  World Wildlife Fund.
- "Restoring Clean Water and the Chesapeake Bay: A Plan for America's Next President,"  Chesapeake Bay Foundation.
- "Energy [R]evolution,"  Greenpeace-USA.