"The White House blocked efforts by federal scientists to tell the public just how bad the Gulf oil spill could have been, according to a panel appointed by President Barack Obama to investigate the worst offshore oil spill in U.S. history."
That's the lead of an Oct. 6 story by AP reporter Dina Cappiello.
The White House denies it. Commission Co-chair William Reilly says the panel stands by its reports.
- "Panel: Government Blocked Worst-Case Oil Spill Figures,"  Associated Press, October 6, 2010.
- "White House Denies Blocking Gulf Spill Info,"  Voice of America (with wires), October 7, 2010.
- "Oil Spill Commission Co-Chair Defends Panel's Reports,"  Washington Independent, October 13, 2010, by Andrew Restuccia.
- "The Amount and Fate of the Oil,"  Draft Staff Working Paper No. 3, National Commission on the BP Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill and Oil Drilling.
- Previous Stories: WatchDogs of October 6, 2010  and August 25, 2010 .