Lodging and Transportation
|Agenda ||Registration ||Lodging/ Travel||Advertise/ Exhibit ||Environmental News ||About New Orleans |
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
Two Poydras Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130
SEJ's primary conference hotel, where most sessions will be held.
Rate: $149 plus tax (single, double, triple or quad) Deadline to reserve at group rate: August 10 See below for update on availability and alternatives.
If you call to reserve at the group rate, make sure you say you are with the Society of Environmental Journalists. If you book online, your reservation will automatically be at the group rates. Hilton reservations require a first night's deposit. Deposits are refundable if cancelled 72 hours prior to the individual’s arrival date.
CLICK to BOOK ONLINE 
(You'll need your log-in information.)
July 31: Rooms are still available at SEJ Conference Headquarters Hotel “Hilton New Orleans Riverside” for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, Sept 4-6, 2014. But act now! SEJ’s room block and guaranteed rates will be released August 10.
For Tues. Sept. 2 or Weds. Sept. 3, SEJ recommends the Best Western Hotel St Christopher  at 114 Magazine St. Watch sej.org for updates on Hilton availability and overflow room blocks.
See below for other nearby hotels. For details, search “New Orleans Hotel Central Business District or French Quarter.” For unique home-share options, try a search at www.airbnb.com .
Attendees taking Thursday tours departing from the Hilton can check luggage there prior to boarding the bus, and pick it up for check in after the tour.
Taxis are available all over both CBD and Quarter. Hilton Riverside is on the Streetcar line at Poydras Station.
Below is a listing of hotels closest to the Hilton Riverside arranged from closest to furthest away.
Safety instructions are the same wherever you are staying: Be aware of your surroundings, try to walk with group of people and in areas where there are groups of people and lights at night.
- Wyndham Riverfront
- Harrah’s New Orleans
- Courtyard by Marriott Convention Center
- Embassy Suites Convention Center ((((SOLD OUT))))
- Loews New Orleans – $$$$
- Renaissance Arts Hotel – $$$
- Marriott Convention Center – $$$$
- Hotel New Orleans Downtown
- Springhill Suites Downtown
- Hyatt Place Convention Center
- Residence Inn Downtown
- Staybridge Suites New Orleans
- Windsor Court Hotel – $$$$
- Doubletree New Orleans
- Hilton Garden Inn Convention Center
- Westin Canal Place
- St. James Hotel – $$$
- Country Inn And Suites French Quarter
- The Pelham – $$$
- The Whitney – $$$
- La Quinta
- Queen And Crescent Hotel
- Omni Royal Orleans
- Sheraton New Orleans
Airport Car Rental 
New Orleans Airport (MSY), Louis Armstrong International Airport Directions
Take Interstate-10 Downtown/East/Slidell, exiting at Poydras St. Turn right onto Poydras St., following Poydras south to its end at our hotel's front circle drive entrance.
Distance from Hotel: 13 mi.
Drive Time: 25 min.
- See more at: http://www.hiltonneworleansriverside.com/map-and-directions#sthash.VlV8u5nH.dpuf 
- For the brave and/or cheap arriving by plane, there is a public transit alternative from the airport; do check how late during the evening this alternative will work. Take the Jefferson Transit E-2 Express from the airport to the corner of Tulane and Loyola avenues in New Orleans. (That's at the main branch city library.) Then you have to get on the New Orleans Regional Transit Authority's fairly new red streetcar that will take you to and down Canal Street to St. Peters St. (The casino is across the street from the stop). You walk rest of the way, about 3 blocks to the Hilton, which is at the riverfront and Poydras Street. Google map  says it takes hour and 14 minutes. Fares are $2 for the JT express and $1.25 for streetcar. This streetcar begins at Union Station, which is the Greyhound/Amtrak station.
Lakefront Airport 
Lakefront Airport Directions
I-10 Downtown. Poydras St., turning left onto Poydras. Follow Poydras south to its end at our hotel's front circle drive entrance.
Distance from Hotel: 10 mi.
Drive Time: 15 min.
- See more... 
New Orleans, LA (NOL)
• Go Greyhound!  More time, less money
NEW ORLEANS GREYHOUND STA
1001 LOYOLA AVE
New Orleans, LA 70114
Main: (504) 525-6075
Baggage: (504) 524-7571
Greyhound Package Express: (504) 524-3136
Customer Service: (504) 525-6075