More Secret CRS Backgrounders Written at Public Expense
The Congressional Research Service (CRS) regularly produces objective and informative background material on matters of interest to environmental journalists. Because Congress refuses to release these reports to the public, the WatchDog links to leaked versions published by the Project on Government Secrecy of the Federation of American Scientists. Thanks, FAS!
- "Whistleblower Protections Under Federal Law: An Overview," Congressional Research Service (R42727), September 13, 2012, by Jon O. Shimabukuro and L. Paige Whitaker.
- "Pilotless Drones: Background and Considerations for Congress Regarding Unmanned Aircraft Operations in the National Airspace System," Congressional Research Service (R42718), September 10, 2012, by Bart Elias.
- "Global Access to Clean Drinking Water and Sanitation: U.S. and International Programs," Congressional Research Service (R42717), September 12, 2012, by Tiaji Salaam-Blyther.
- "Federal Public Transportation Program: An Overview," Congressional Research Service (R42706), September 6, 2012, by William J. Mallett.
- "Automobile and Truck Fuel Economy (CAFE) and Greenhouse Gas Standards," Congressional Research Service (R42721), September 11, 2012 by Brent D. Yacobucci, Bill Canis, and Richard K. Lattanzio.