She's a humble member of SEJ and spends her time touting the accomplishments of others. However, with her most recent book, "RAIN," we think you'll agree that March's Media on the Move Spotlight, Cynthia Barnett, has achieved great success this year — and the awards have rained down on her — including:
* Finalist for the 2016 PEN/E.O. Wilson Literary Science Writing Award *
* Long-listed for the 2015 National Book Award *
* Gold Medal, General Nonfiction, 2015 Florida Book Awards *
* An NPR Science Friday Best Book of 2015 *
* A Boston Globe Best Book of 2015 *
* A Tampa Bay Times Favorite Book of 2015 *
* A Miami Herald Favorite Book of 2015 *
* A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2015 *
Listen to our interview as Cynthia talks with us about the success of "RAIN" — and gives pointers on how other SEJers can break into the environmental book market (MP3/7.23 MB/00:07:51). Cynthia also encourages would be SEJ book authors to contact her if they need a helping hand.
We wish Cynthia Barnett, along with fellow SEJ members Tom Clynes and Alexandra Witze, and the other finalists, the best of luck at the 2016 PEN/E.O. Wilson Literary Science Writing Award Ceremony April 11 at The New School in NYC.
- Visit Cynthia's website: www.cynthiabarnett.net
- "Making 'Rain' for the Caring Middle," SEJournal, Spring 2015.