Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
The Society of Environmental Journalists is the only North-American membership association of professional journalists dedicated to more and better coverage of environment-related issues. The organization was founded in 1990 by award-winning print and broadcast journalists on staff with The Philadelphia Inquirer, USA Today, National Geographic, Turner Broadcasting/CNN, Scripps Howard News Service, Minnesota Public Radio and others. SEJ’s membership currently includes highly qualified journalists, editors, educators and students working in print, broadcast and online news media throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico and 27 other countries.
Here, we proudly highlight the diverse endeavors of our members and other journalists:
- Spotlight on individual members and their work.
- Media on the Move highlights SEJ members' job changes, fellowships, awards, promotions...let us know what's going on with your career. Just fill out the easy online form to get started.
- Member blogs and websites.
- Members in the news.
- Member published works, including online media, books, etc.
- Member awards:
>> Longtime SEJ Member Ken Ward Jr. Awarded MacArthur "Genius" Grant for Environmental Reporting, October 2018.
>> SEJ member Lisa Song and her investigative team members at InsideClimate News won a 2016 Scripps Howard Award for their series, "Exxon: The Road Not Taken."
>> Environmental journalism was well recognized by the 2014 Pulitzer Prizes, including SEJ members Dan Fagin and David Philipps who won the Prize in the General Nonfiction (book) and National Reporting categories, respectively.
>> SEJ President Don Hopey took First Place for a News Feature Story, "By not being linked, gas facilities avoid high pollution designation," in the 2014 Keystone Press Awards, from Pennsylvania News Media Association. Division one, daily circulation over 75,000.
>>Many SEJ members participated in the 2012 Scripps Howard Awards for Environmental Journalism. See the great webcast presentation of all winners in every categories.
- Fund for Environmental Journalism grantees: Winter 2015 | Summer 2015 | Winter 2014 | Summer 2014 | Winter 2013 | Summer 2013 | Winter 2012 | Summer 2012 | Winter 2011 | Summer 2011 | Winter 2010 | Summer 2010 (Inaugural Round)
*Note: This page is a work in progress.