SEJ’s Media on the Move Spotlight is on William H. “Bill” Funk for February 2016. Bill began his career in environmental journalism from an unlikely place — law school. After graduating from Vermont Law School with a Master's in Environmental Policy and a JD, Bill decided that instead of litigating environmental issues he’d rather write about them. Coming from a non-traditional journalism background hasn’t slowed his progress as a journalist though – Bill received four, count’em, four fellowships and awards in 2015.
- 2015 McCormick Specialized Reporting Institute Fellowship: Covering Water in a Changing World
- 2015 Freelance Travel Fellowship, National Association of Science Writers
- 2015 Chesapeake Bay Institute Fellowship, Institute for Journalism and Natural Resources
- 2015 Frank Allen Field Reporting Award, Institute for Journalism and Natural Resources
Bill says he owes much of his success to his membership in the Society of Environmental Journalists. Listen here to find out more about Bill’s fellowships and how his career has grown through his membership in SEJ.
- Visit Bill's website: www.williamhfunk.com