Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
Weeklong Fellowship for Journalists Focusing on Climate Change
Metcalf Institute Fellows roll up their sleeves for an intensive week (June 1-6, 2014) with scientists and regulatory experts in the field, lab and at the conference table. Journalists learn how to interpret scientific publications and sharpen their investigative reporting skills as they explore some of the most important environmental issues of our time.
The ten journalists selected to attend the workshop will:
- Study the causes and consequences of ocean acidification through hands-on research;
- Conduct a fisheries survey aboard the URI research vessel Cap’n Bert to identify the long-term impacts of climate change on commercially important fisheries;
- Discuss projections for sea level rise and the latest policy approaches for coastal adaptation to climate change;
- Attend lectures featuring top national researchers, policy makers and science communicators;
- Enjoy off-deadline interactions with scientists and cultivate contacts for future reporting;
- Gain skills and confidence to translate scientific publications for public audiences.
Applications for the 2014 Annual Science Immersion Workshop for Journalists must be postmarked or emailed by February 7, 2014. For more information and to apply, visit www.metcalf institute.org/training/awj/.