2021 #SEJAwards Ceremony and Panel Discussion
Wednesday, October 20, 2021 | 1:00-3:00 p.m. ET | Virtual
All journalists welcome!
Watch the recording.
Journalists slog through workdays, late nights and weekends to not only get stories, but to get them right. Watch all that effort pay off at the 2021 #SEJAwards Ceremony and Panel Discussion. Join us on Wednesday, October 20, at 1:00 p.m. ET as we gather virtually to honor the best-of-the-best in environmental journalism, including the live announcement of the winner of the Nina Mason Pulliam Award and $10,000 cash prize, selected from the first-place winners in all categories.
Join us to hear the best environmental journalists in the country share what it takes to cover the biggest story on the planet and what lies ahead for the future of this critical beat.
- Sadie Babits, Professor of Practice, Sustainability Director at ASU's Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication; President, Society of Environmental Journalists Board of Directors
- Luke Runyon, Ted Scripps Environmental Journalism Fellow; Society of Environmental Journalists Board Member
- Robin Fields, Managing Editor, ProPublica
- Sara Sneath, New Orleans-Based Freelance Environmental Reporter
David Stolberg Meritorious Service Award
The David Stolberg Meritorious Service Award is presented by SEJ each year to honor exceptional volunteer work by a member. The Award was created by the SEJ board in 1998 and named for SEJ’s founder David Stolberg. Volunteers define the heart and soul of SEJ, and they expand the group’s reach and significance in ways that are not easily measured. Many thanks to our 2020 and 2021 winners for their exemplary service to SEJ!
Stolberg Award Presenter:
- Roger Witherspoon, Writer, Nuclear Energy and Auto Industry; Energy Matters / US Black Engineer & IT; and former long-time SEJ Board Member
- Robert McClure, Co-Founder, InvestigateWest
- Gloria Gonzalez, Deputy Energy Editor, POLITICO