Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
DEADLINE: ZEKE Award for Documentary Photography
The Social Documentary Network (SDN) annually offers the ZEKE Award for Documentary Photography. The award recognizes the work of two photographers as first-place winners and four photographers as honorable mentions. We are seeking submissions of documentary projects from a global community of photographers — projects that have the highest visual and storytelling components while exploring important global issues that affect us all. Entries will be evaluated by an international panel of expert jurors.
Deadline: Apr 30, 2021
Entry Fees: Early Entry Fee: $25 through April 1. $30 after April 1.
Up to 30 images can be submitted and all submissions include a free exhibit on the SDN website for one year.
Scholarships are available.
First Place: Two photographers
- Winning projects exhibited at Photoville 2021, Sept. 17–Dec. 1, Brooklyn, NY.
- Photoville will still be operating under Covid conditions. The SDN exhibit will be a 40-ft. banner on the piers in Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Featured in the fall 2021 issue of ZEKE magazine.
- Featured on Photoville Zoom panel with other ZEKE Award winners.
- Featured in email Spotlight sent to SDN's 8,500 members.
- Featured on SDN's home page, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram feeds.
- Exhibition at the Bridge gallery in Cambridge, MA immediately following Photoville. Digital Silver Imaging will make the prints for this exhibit at no cost to photographer.
- Possibly other exhibitions.
See perks for honorable mentions and other entrants.