Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
Program Reporting and Climate Communications Fellowship
2014 Program Reporting and Climate Communications Fellowship
ICLEI–Local Governments for Sustainability USA is currently seeking applications for Program Reporting and Climate Communications Fellow for the fall 2014. This position will primarily support the development of the 2015 Measuring Up Report, to be published by ICLEI and World Wildlife Fund, cataloging the climate mitigation commitments and achievements of US cities and counties. The fellow will also prepare metrics for ICLEI’s renewables program evaluation, and will contribute to ICLEI’s communications operations, including content development for website, social media, marketing collateral, or other materials.
- Minimum of 3+ years of coursework (graduate-level preferred) in Environmental Science, Urban Planning, Public Policy, Journalism, Marketing, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and communicate complex concepts in an accessible and accurate way, particularly in written materials.
- Familiarity with concepts related to solar energy deployment, ownership arrangements, and financing strategies.
- Experience developing communications materials, such as social media campaigns, marketing collateral, press releases, and other formatted documents.
- Conduct research and write content for a series of profiles on communities leading the way in climate mitigation, for the Measuring Up 2015 report.
- Conduct research to prepare evaluation metrics for the DOE-funded SolarOPS program in ICLEI’s Resource Efficiency and Renewable Energy Division.
- Contribute to ICLEI communications activities, potentially including writing, editing, and design for print and web-based media.
This position will be based in our Oakland, CA office. Highly qualified applicants will be considered from other locations for remote work. The position will be filled October until December 19, 2014, and requires a commitment of 30-40 hours per week. Compensation is available at the rate of $18/hour.
About ICLEI USA
ICLEI is a membership association of local governments working to achieve significant reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and tangible improvements in local sustainability. ICLEI USA supports member local governments by providing tools, technical assistance, networking, and other resources. You can learn more at our website: www.icleiusa.org.
To apply, please e-mail, fax, or mail a brief cover letter, résumé or CV that details your related experience, qualifications, and availability. Please also include a brief writing sample relevant to this job announcement.
Email applications to:
Subject: Programs and Communications Fellowship
Interviews will begin October 6. This position is open until filled. No phone calls please.
ICLEI–Local Governments for Sustainability USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, veterans, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.