Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
March 18, 2021
Video recording and chat log
During Sunshine Week 2021, SEJ facilitated an enlightening conversation, March 18, 2021, 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET, with top officials from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on government transparency and media access. Following years of eroding media relations, the Biden Administration seems poised to make some changes. Bring your questions and personal anecdotes into the mix. After brief introductions, we’ll jump right into Q&A.
- Sadie Babits, Professor of Practice and Sustainability Director, Walter Cronkite School of Journalism & Mass Communication, Arizona State University, and President, SEJ
- Tim Wheeler, Associate Editor and Senior Writer, Bay Journal, and Chair, FOI Task Force, SEJ
- Nick Conger, Press Secretary, EPA
- Lindsay Hamilton, Associate Administrator, Office of Public Affairs, EPA
- "Biden's EPA Officials: Contact Between Reporters and Staff Still Banned without Controls," PR Office Censorship blog, April 8, 2021, by Kathryn Foxhall.
- "EPA to environmental reporters: We are committed to openness," Iowa Capital Dispatch, March 18, 2021, by Perry Beeman.
>> Return to SEJ Webinars page.