Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
Themed "Generation Organic" — 30 years for the original green movement, the 30th Annual Guelph Organic Conference, January 27-30, 2011, at Guelph University Centre in Ontario, Canada will feature a keynote address, 155-booth organic expo, workshops such as Electroculture & Magnetoculture, public forum, major seminars, organic dinner, AGMs, sponsored hospitality events, and more.
The Guelph Conference, with free public Trade Expo entry and low workshop costs, makes it easy for anyone with a basic motivation in organics to attend and see all of:
* farming exhibits
* keynote address by Tom Manley of Homestead Organics in Ontario, joined by his father Murray Manley, who started the organic operation over 20 years ago, and his son Yannick, who currently works in the processing and marketing of the business in eastern Ontario.
* 1-acre gardening advocates
* foodservice suppliers
* certificates – how to get certified, how to train on a farm, how to develop organic inputs
* processors & distributors selling bulk wholesale & truckload orders
* retail sales of organic products, seeds, books, tools
* public advocacy and quasi-political agricultural movements (some not so ‘quasi’)
* innovative technology and education programs in support of organics
* other important components of a quick-growing sector (solar, fair trade, home sprouting)