Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
DEADLINE: EJN Scholarships for Journalists To Cover 2023 Biodiversity Conferences
Internews’ Earth Journalism Network (EJN) is pleased to announce its second round of travel grants for journalists interested in attending – and reporting from – conferences and global summits related to biodiversity issues that are taking place in 2023.
This opportunity is intended to enable journalists from around the world to cover biodiversity-related conferences and negotiations for their home audiences.
Eligible conferences may include, but are not limited to:
- International Congress for Conservation Biology — 23-27 July 2023 — Kigali, Rwanda
- 3rd Global Soil Biodiversity Conference — 13-15 March 2023 — Dublin, Ireland
- EcoSummit 2023 — 13-17 June 2023 — Gold Coast, Australia
- Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation — 2-6 July 2023 — Tamil Nadu, India
- One Forest Summit — March 2023 — Libreville, Gabon
We expect to award scholarships of up to US$2,500 each. Budget proposals can include economy-class airfare, accommodation, meals, travel insurance, visa costs, mandatory COVID-19 testing and transportation costs for journalists to attend the conference of their choosing.
To qualify, you must be a professional journalist from or representing an established media house and reporting from a low- or middle-income country and have previous experience reporting on environmental issues.
Application deadline: January 6, 2023.
We especially encourage women, Indigenous journalists and early-career journalists to apply.