Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
Scaling Climate Policies and New Financing for High Biodiversity Areas
Under2° Coalition/ The Climate Group,
The State Government of Querétaroand
Grupo Ecológico Sierra Gorda invite you to
WHAT: Join this official Climate Week NYC event held by Querétaro State, Mexico, the new Co-Chair for Latin America of the Under2° Coalition, and superstars in literature and film who are passionate about our planet.
There will be Spanish/English interpretation channels available.
WHEN: Friday, September 25, 2020
9:00 AM – 11:00 AM CDT / 10:00 AM - NOON EDT
WHERE: ZOOM and Facebook Live. Register here.
- Acclaimed author, Judith Schwartz’s world tour of environmental solutions shows how nature itself can heal the wounds we have inflicted on our planet.
- Alfonso Dosal, Actor and Activist “This is no campaign. We have the right to defend our right to a healthy environment. We defend Natural Protected Areas."
- Pati Ruiz Corzo, Activist: "Improving ecosystem capacity and valuing natural capital in favor of local landowners and communities is our goal."
- Marco Del Prete Tercero, Secretary of Sustainable Development, Querétaro State: "The power to take action and the will to do so requires all the players in civil society, the private sector and government. Taking the lead on a sub-national level is the answer.”
- Dan Bradbury: All WLT carbon balanced projects are carefully designed according to robust standards that ensure offsets are delivered at a portfolio of sites where they are measurable, verifiable and properly monitored and can achieve high-quality outcomes.
About Grupo Ecológico Sierra Gorda: GESG preserves the natural wealth and promotes the sustainable development of the Sierra Gorda. We achieve our mission through the union of institutional efforts and national and international citizens. We seek to replicate our model to ReGreen Mexico.