SEJournal Online is the digital news magazine of the Society of Environmental Journalists. Learn more about SEJournal Online, including submission, subscription and advertising information.
February 24, 2010
The federal government wants your ideas on how it can make the information it controls more open to the public. Honest!
The Obama administration, under its "Open Government Initiative," ordered most federal agencies to draw up "open government plans," specifying that they seek public input on the plans. The deadline for comment on the plans is March 19, 2010.
- "Public Speaks on Ideas to Open Up Environmental Agencies," OMB Watcher, OMB Watch, February 23, 2010.
- "Track Open Government," OpenTheGovernment.org, Jan.-Feb. 2010.
- OpenGov Tracker.
- Sunlight Labs OpenWatcher.
- OMB Open Government Dashboard.
- Previous Story: WatchDog of February 10, 2010.
SEJ Publication Types:
Topics on the Beat: