Local and state
Sign up for Conference Information
|Agenda||Coverage||Lodging/ Travel||Sponsors / Exhibitors||Environmental News||About Flint|
Below are news stories related to environmental issues in Flint, this year's conference site, and the state of Michigan. For more, visit the MLive-The Flint Journal, The Detroit News and The Detroit Free Press.
- "Miss Michigan Denounces Flint Water Crisis in Miss America Intro," The Huffington Post, September 10, 2018, by Ron Dicker.
- "Two Views of Flint's Water Troubles: One a Close-Up and One with a Wide-Angle Lens," The New York Times, July 31, 2018, by Jeff Goodell.
- "Calley declares emergency in Kalamazoo County over tainted water," The Detroit News, July 29, 2018, by Shawn D. Lewis.
- Interview: "As Death Toll Rises in Flint, Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha on Her Fight to Expose Lead Poisoning in City," Democracy Now! July 26, 2018.
- "Prosecuting Flint: High-ranking officials claim immunity over poisonous water," The Economist, July 26, 2018.
- "Researcher files defamation lawsuit against Flint water protester, others," MLive-The Flint Journal, July 26, 2018, by Roberto Acosta.
- "After Flint debacle, EPA must strengthen oversight of Mich. drinking water programs, watchdog says," The Washington Post, July 19, 2018, by Brady Dennis. EPA OIG Report, "Management Weaknesses Delayed Response to Flint Water Crisis: Report, video, news release, gallery and podcast."
- "Will Tesla CEO Elon Musk Fix Flint Water?" Detroit Free Press, July 11, 2018, by Susan Tompor,Kristen Jordan Shamus and Phoebe Wall Howard.
- "MDEQ official who told Flint residents to 'relax' will lead media training for Michigan," Detroit Metro Times, July 11, 2018, by Michael Jackman.
- "Flint tells EPA it's not getting the whole water story from state," MLive-The Flint Journal, June 21, 2018, by Ron Fonger.
- "U of M high-performance concrete aims to improve Michigan roads," CBS News 25 Flint, June 21, 2018, by Rachelle Spence.
- "Michigan activist's truck vandalized with N-word, 'WITE PRIDE'," Detroit Free Press, June 19, 2018, by Bryce Airgood.
- "Reporter’s Notebook: 'Should I be worried about lead in my tap water?'" Michigan Radio, May 29, 2018, by Lindsey Smith.
- "Flint estimates 14,000 lead water service lines still in the ground," MLive-The Flint Journal, May 27, 2018, by Ron Fonger.
- "Michigan lobbies for nationwide PFAS rules at EPA summit," MLive-The Flint Journal, May 23, 2018, by Garret Ellison.
- "Why Michigan needs to draw more revenue from its booming bottled water industry," The Conversation, May 22, 2018, by Nicholas Schroeck.
- "Billionaire Tom Steyer gets Michigan renewable energy deal," Associated Press, May 18, 2018, by David Eggert.
- "State ending bottled water for Flint residents, says water quality is restored," MLive-The Flint Journal, April 6, 2018, by Zahra Ahmad.
- "Synthetic coolant leaks from cables in Michigan lakes," The Detroit News, April 4, 2018, by News staff and wire.
- "Michigan approves controversial Nestle water pumping permit," MLive-The Flint Journal, April 2, 2018, by Mark Tower.
- "2015 report warned of failing Flint dam before breach," Associated Press, March 28, 2018.
- "Michigan is cracking down on PFAS in wastewater plants," MLive-The Flint Journal, March 21, 2018, by Garret Ellison.
- "State officials subpoena researcher who uncovered Flint lead contamination," MLive-The Flint Journal, March 19, 2018, by Ron Fonger.
- "U.S. Supreme Court leaves in place ruling reviving Flint water lawsuits," Associated Press, March 19, 2018.
- "MAE grants $125,000 for clean energy consultations to 100K Ideas," The Peninsula, March 15, 2018, by Chris Galford.
- "State spending on bottled water in Flint averaging $22,000 a day," MLive-The Flint Journal, March 12, 2018, by Ron Fonger.
- "More water samples have elevated lead in latest testing of Flint elementaries," MLive-The Flint Journal, March 12, 2018, by Ron Fonger.
- "Dr. Mona gives Flint a B+ as water crisis recovery continues," ABC/WJRT, March 9, 2018.
- "Michigan moves toward the toughest lead in drinking water rule in the nation," Michigan Radio, February 27, 2018, by Lara Moehlman.
- "Large quantity water removal would be easier under Michigan bill," MLive-The Flint Journal, February 25, 2018, by Garret Ellison.
- "Michigan energy company to stop burning coal by 2040," Associated Press, February 20, 2018, by John Flesher.
- "Legionnaire’s outbreak officially linked to Flint water crisis, nationally-touted research affirms," East Village Magazine, February 17, 2018, by Jan Worth-Nelson.
- "The Man Behind the Flint Water Prosecutions Wants to Be the Next Governor of Michigan," Mother Jones, February 16, 2018, by Nathalie Baptiste.
- "UM report: Gov. Snyder bears 'significant legal responsibility' for Flint water crisis," MLive-The Flint Journal, February 15, 2018, by Ron Fonger.
- "Toxic vapor tests lag for thousands of Michigan sites," The Detroit News, February 7, 2018, by Michael Gerstein.
- "Draft state water rules get OK, would require removal of all lead service lines," MLive-The Flint Journal, January 23, 2018, by Ron Fonger.