Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
SEJ Webinar: Oceans of Solutions — Covering 'Blue Climate' and Ocean-Based Climate Strategies
Oceans of Solutions: Covering 'Blue Climate' and Ocean-Based Climate Strategies
Wednesday, June 22, 2022 | 1:00-2:00 p.m. ET
All journalists welcome!
|Video recording and chat log|
There's a reason Earth appears as a blue marble from space: Our planet is 71% ocean. Life started in the ocean 3.5 billion years ago and its health is clearly critical to all life today. From estuary and coastal restoration to sustainable fisheries and marine life conservation, there is a sea of stories connecting ocean protection to global climate change. Our panelists will discuss the latest United Nations developments in ocean policies and the U.S.'s role and response, as well as offer tips on how to cover ocean-based solutions to climate change.
- Justin Worland, Senior Correspondent, TIME
- Sarah Cooley, Director of Climate Science, Ocean Conservancy
- Monica Medina, Assistant Secretary of State, Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, U.S. State Department
- Peter Thomson, United Nations Secretary-General's Special Envoy for the Ocean
- Ian Urbina, Director, The Outlaw Ocean Project