Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
US EPA's 2023 National Fish Forum: Human Health and Contaminants in Fish
The U.S. EPA, Office of Water, will hold a virtual National Forum on Human Health and Contaminants in Fish (Fish Forum) to bring together interested stakeholders to discuss the many issues related to human health and contaminants in fish.
The free virtual conference (with poster sessions) will be held as follows:
Week 1: February 28 and March 2, 2023 (12:00 - 5:30 PM Eastern Time)
Week 2: March 7 and 9, 2023 (12:00 - 5:30 PM Eastern Time)
Topics likely to be on the agenda:
- Latest science on specific contaminants in fish and their impacts on human health, e.g., PFAS, mercury, PCBs, and cyanotoxins
- Emerging science in developing fish consumption advisories
- Risk communication & public engagement strategies for fish consumption advisories
- Issuing/rescinding fish consumption advisories
- Effectiveness of fish consumption advisories
- Environmental Justice: Protection of high frequency fish consumers, such as subsistence fishers and fishers in underserved communities
- Community/participatory science: Roles and practices
- Sampling and analysis: Practices and methods
Registration is open until February 3, 2023.