"4 Children Die When Pesticide, Water Mix Creates Toxic Gas"

"Four children died after someone at their home sprayed water on a previously applied pesticide, causing a reaction that produced toxic phosphine gas, officials in Amarillo, Texas, said.

At least five other people were hospitalized in Monday's incident.

Fire Capt. Larry Davis said a family member had used water in an attempt to wash away the pesticide -- aluminum phosphide -- which had been applied under the home."

John Newsome and Shawn Nottingham report for CNN January 3, 2016.

Source: CNN, 01/03/2017