Early-bird rates end Jan 31.
Apply by Feb 4.
Welcome back to Texas for #SEJ2022!
It’s full speed ahead for the #SEJ2022 31st annual conference, hosted by Rice University, March 30-April 3, 2022.
Conference co-chairs Perla Trevizo of ProPublica/Texas Tribune and Naveena Sadasivam of Grist and SEJ conference director Jay Letto – with the help of a great group of Houston-based journalists — selected a bunch of awesome locations for our famous all-day tours:
#SEJ2022 Tours — Thursday, March 31
- Sustainable Fishing, Coral Health and Marine Life in the Gulf of Mexico
- Boomtown, Flood Town: Climate Solutions for the Nation’s Oil and Gas Capital
- Birds and Racism, Conservation and Energy Companies
- Wildfire, Prescribed Burns and Indigenous Traditions
- The Future of Clean Energy
- Flood Protection, Dam Safety and Cumulative Trauma
- From the Fenceline to the Frontline: The Battle Against Environmental Racism in Houston’s Ship Channel
- Superfunds: Climate Threats and Corporate Stonewalling
- Highway? No Way! Why Cities Are Moving Away From Highways
#SEJ2022 Diversity Fellowships available — apply by Feb 4!
Concerned about COVID? We are too! Proof of vaccination or recent negative test results will be required for all registered attendees. Masks will be mandatory unless otherwise specified. Read SEJ's COVID-19 Protocols.
Wondering why journalists should meet in Houston in 2022? The reasons are many! Read more.