That’s right, folks, it’s full speed ahead on planning for the #SEJ2022 31st annual conference, hosted by Rice University, March 30 — April 3, 2022.
Conference co-chairs Perla Trevizo of ProPublica/Texas Tribune and Naveena Sadasivam of Grist and SEJ conference director Jay Letto – with the help of a great group of Houston-based journalists — have already selected a bunch of awesome locations for our famous all-day tours:
#SEJ2022 Tours — Thursday, March 31
- Ocean Health and Deep Sea Fishing
- Climate Change, Hurricanes and Coastal Resiliency
- For the Birds: Conservation, Racism, and Justice
- Wildfire and Prescribed Burns, Prairie Chickens and Hiking
- The Future of Clean Energy and the Grid
- Flood Protection, Dam Safety and Cumulative Trauma
- Houston Ship Channel, Environmental Injustice and Community Response
- Superfunds: Climate Threats and Corporate Stonewalling
- Transportation and Infrastructure Tradeoffs: Who Wins, Who Loses?
Concerned about COVID? We are too! Proof of vaccination or recent negative test results will be required for all registered attendees. Masks will be mandatory unless otherwise specified. Read SEJ's COVID-19 Protocols.
Wondering why journalists should meet in Houston in 2022? The reasons are many! Read more.