Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
Carbon Capture Deep Dive
The Funder Collaborative on Oil and Gas (a project of the Rockefeller Family Fund) invites journalists to discover what’s behind big oil’s relentless marketing campaign and what’s at stake for communities. Please join us in Houston, Texas for an in-person deep dive with leading scientists, experts, and frontline leaders.
The oil and gas industry is spending millions to convince people that carbon capture and sequestration (CCS) is the answer to the climate crisis. But what if it’s not? Your audience deserves to know the facts about:
- The unproven technology and fraudulent science behind the drive by ExxonMobil and other corporations to profit from billions in subsidies in the Inflation Reduction Act.
- How residents, scientists, and environmental justice leaders are fighting back against CCS and potentially dangerous plants, wells, and pipeline projects.
- The quantifiable risks of CCS infrastructure to fresh water, land, and public health.
- The tax fraud and regulatory flaws that the public could end up paying for.
Join local and national environmental advocates for a convening on Thursday, October 26, and Friday, October 27, featuring leading expert voices, including:
- Dr. Robert D. Bullard, Texas Southern University, Bullard Center for Environmental and Climate Justice, and White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council Member
- Dr. Charles Harvey, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Roishetta Ozane, The Vessel Project
- Virginia Palacios, Commission Shift
- David Schlissel, Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis
- Donna Thomas, Fort Bend Environmental Organization
All meals and hotel accommodations will be provided by the Funder Collaborative on Oil and Gas for the first 40 journalists registered to attend this event.