|An Aug. 20, 2018 satellite image showing the West Coast shrouded in smoke from 110 large fires that erupted across the region, burning nearly 2 million acres. Image: NASA. Click to enlarge.|
Top Wildfire Stories From SEJournal
- How Much Longer Will Insurers Cover Wildfire Loss Near You?
- Wildland-Urban Interface — How Disastrous Wildfires Get Into Your Neighborhood
- Where There’s Smoke, There's ... a Health Threat
- With Wildfire, When Is Climate Change the Spark?
- Wildfire Season Comes Earlier, Bringing Broader Stories
- Forest Service Offers Mapping Database on Potential Wildfire Hazards
- Tracking Respiratory Health Risks From Wildfire Smoke
- Start Tracking Wildfires Before Things Get Hot
EJ InSight & BookShelf/Between the Lines
- F/8, N95 and Be There — Wildfire Photojournalism in the Pandemic Era
- Forged in Fire — Author Follows the Flames, and Fights Them, To Cover the Changing Nature of Wildfires
All Wildfire Stories From SEJournal All Wildfire Headlines From EJToday
Return to Topics on the Beat main page