Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
DEADLINE: Heinrich Böll Foundation's Transatlantic Media Fellowships
In 2021, Transatlantic Media Fellowships are coming back to the real world! As Germany is headed into elections this fall, and as the Biden administration is changing the course of US domestic and foreign policy, we’re thrilled to see that travel seems to be possible after a year of digital-only fellowships in 2020. In this transition period, we accept applications for either travel-based or virtual research and reporting.
The Transatlantic Media Fellowship program supports well-researched transatlantic journalism. As in previous years, the Heinrich-Böll-Stiftung Washington, DC, will give a select number of journalists from the United States, Canada, and Germany the opportunity for on-the-ground reporting relevant to the foundation’s work on climate & energy policy, democracy & social policy, or technology & digital policy. We will not be able to offer a specific fellowship in the field of foreign and security policy this year, but plan to include this area again in 2022.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A stipend of $3,500 for an on-the-ground fellowship (including transatlantic travel); OR
- A stipend of $1,500 for a digital fellowship (virtual interviews, no travel)
Special consideration is given to journalists:
- from regional or local media outlets who can demonstrate that transatlantic reporting is a new and important perspective for their audience
- from diverse backgrounds who can offer lesser-heard perspectives
- who may not otherwise have the opportunity to conduct transatlantic research
Deadline: June 14, 2021. Decisions will be made on a rolling basis. Early applications are preferred.