Find fellowships, conferences, grants and awards deadlines, workshops and networking opportunities, crowd-sourced leads to job banks, reporting toolkits, hundreds of MOOCs and more. GO >>
White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council Public Meeting
The White House Environmental Justice Advisory Council (WHEJAC) will convene a virtual public meeting Tuesday, September 26, 2023, from approximately 3:00 - 8:00 PM E.T. This free meeting is open to all members of the public. Individual registration is REQUIRED and is available through the scheduled end time of the meeting day.
Public Comment Period: The WHEJAC is interested in receiving public comments relevant to current charges, topics, and questions currently under consideration:
- Climate and Economic Justice Screening Tool
- Environmental Justice Scorecard
- Carbon Management
- Ways that the WHEJAC could recommend advancing environmental justice through a whole-government approach.
- Examples of environmental hazards of particular concern for Indigenous Peoples and Tribal Nations related to Federal activities that may affect sacred sites and areas of cultural significance, cultural or other traditions or practices, subsistence, and ways of life.
- Ways in which the Federal government can address community impacts on, and concerns of Indigenous Peoples and Tribal Nations.
- Ways in which the incorporation of Indigenous knowledge into Federal decision-making could help address environmental hazards and environmental justice concerns.
More information on each charge is located online: WHEJAC Workgroups (pdf)
Priority to speak during the meeting will be given to public commenters with comments relevant to current WHEJC charges.
Every effort will be made to hear from as many registered public commenters during the time specified on the agenda.
Registration to speak during the public comment period closes at 11:59 EDT, September 21, 2023.