Meet SEJ member Bobby Magill! Bobby is a journalist covering water, public lands and the Interior Department for Bloomberg Law in Washington, D.C. His work focuses on climate change and legal battles over the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, water supplies, oil and gas leasing, endangered species and other federal lands issues. He also covered three UN climate change conferences, including COP24, COP25 and COP26. Before Bloomberg, Bobby covered energy for Climate Central in New York and for more than a decade worked the environment beat for local newspapers in Colorado and New Mexico. Bobby was born and raised in Charleston, S.C., and graduated from the College of Charleston. He has been an SEJ member since 2004 and is a former SEJ board president.
Bobby recommends SEJ membership and said, "SEJ is a family of journalists with the same goal: To tell the most important environmental stories of our time. I found my job at Bloomberg through SEJ, and the professional and personal connections SEJ has provided have been essential to my career." Join Bobby — become a member today.
See some of Bobby's work for Bloomberg Law:
- "Water Utilities Brace for Imminent EPA Proposal on PFAS in Water," February 17, 2023.
- "EV Mineral Bonanza on Alaska Tribal Land Turns on Disputed Road," November 7, 2022.
- "Worsening Drought in Deep South Seen as Spurring Legal Friction," November 1, 2022.
- "Billions Spent on Abandoned Oil Wells Scratch at Ignored Problem," July 25, 2022.
- "Small Waterworks Navigate ‘Once in a Generation’ Flood of Money," April 28, 2022.
Members: we want to put the #SEJSpotlight on you! Sign up here to participate.
Not yet a member? Join us today!